Security Questionnaires are very common among business to business transactions. These often occur before a business decision is made regarding a product or service to be implemented by an organization.
Security Questionnaires will often contain questions regarding the security posture of the organization, and if the organization has undergone things such as vulnerability scans, outside penetration tests and external audits such as SOC 2 Type I or Type II.
Common questions that you will see in an information security questionnaire
- Has the organization been breached in the last five years?
- Total aggregate for Cyber Liability Insurance?
- Does the organization conduct regular vulnerability scans and remediation steps to protect its infrastructure?
- Has the organization undergone any external audits such as PCI, SOC2, ISO 27000?
- Does the organization have a business continuity plan in place?
Topics that are included in the security questionnaire
- Management Cyber Practices
- Processes the organization performs
- Internal Assessments
- External Assessments
- External Attestations
Cyber Security Questionnaires will continue to be a critical part of the procurement process for many organizations in the future. Along with external audit attestations, these questionnaires will help drive and push organizations to achieve compliance objectives including SOC 2, ISO 27001, and other prominent cyber security or data protection requirements.